- All transfers shall depend on availability of space and facilities in the receiving faculty/school or department and a transfer applicant shall have grade levels that would normally be required of students for enrolment into the department concerned.
- A student dismissed from his previous department shall not be eligible for transfer into another faculty/school or department of the University.
- Transfer application forms shall be available at each faculty/school and department of the university to be collected by applicants for transfer upon payment of appropriate fees.
- A transfer application form must be completed and returned to the concerned faculty/school or department within a week after registration.
- Granting or denying transfer shall be made by a dean of the receiving faculty/school upon the recommendation of the receiving department in case of inter-faculty/school transfer and by the head of the receiving department in case of intra-faculty/school transfer which shall then be approved by the dean of the receiving faculty/school. Accepted transfer requests are subject to final approval by the Registrar.
- Receiving faculties shall set criteria for selecting students who apply for transfer.
- The process of transfer shall be completed within two weeks following the commencement of classes.
- Transfer shall not have the consequence of elongating the stay of a student for more than a year.
- The receiving department shall work out the details of transfer of credits and other technical matters.
CONTINUING EDUCATION PROGRAMMES
Evening and Kiremt students are not allowed to transfer from one faculty/school to another or from one department of a faculty/school to another department of the same faculty/school.Evening students may transfer to regular programmes if they satisfy the following:
- The applicants must have accumulated (obtained passing grades) in the evening programme in at least half (50%) of the total credits required for graduation as specified in the applicant's academic programme.
- The applicant must have at least a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.00 at the time of application.
- Such a transfer can take place within the same academic departments/programme only. Thus, request for change of major and/or minor areas of study cannot be considered.
- Applications for transfer to the regular programme are to be submitted to the concerned academic department by completing forms prepared for this purpose by the Registrar for students who meet the basic criteria as stated above.
- Applications must be submitted within a maximum of two weeks after the date of semester registration in the Evening programme.
- Academic departments may accept or reject the transfer applications based on availability of space and facilities. On competitive basis, decisions (acceptance or rejection) must be approved by the Dean, and the Registrar effects approved transfer cases.
- Students transferred from the Evening to regular programmes will be subject to the cost-sharing scheme.
Tranfer Request Status.